Church of American Science Charter, Ad for Doctorate Course Notes
The Church of American Science desires to be chartered:
1. To disseminate its creed and pursue its goals.
2. To Charter Churches and congregations.
3. To found and conduct spiritual guidance centers.
4. To engage in social work and to engage in charitable undertakings.
5. To accept fees and donations.
6. To own, rent real and personal property.
7. To found orders and societies within itself as needful.
8. To practice the teachings and beliefs and to propagate in accordance with its tenets healing of the sick and suffering by prayer or other spiritual means without the use of drugs or material remedy.
THIRD: The said corporation shall be located at 527 Cooper Street, in the City and County of Camden and State of New Jersey and it shall there have its registered office. The agent in charge thereof shall be L. Ron Hubbard, Sr. The corporation shall not only conduct its activities at the address given but shall conduct them likewise throughout the State of New Jersey and outside of the same.
FOURTH: The number of trustees selected for the first year of the existence of the said corporation shall be three and the names and post office addresses shall be as follows:
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, we have hereunto set our hands and seals this 18th day of December, 1953.
L. Ron Hubbard, Sr. (Seal)
L. Ron Hubbard, Jr. (Seal)
Henrietta Hubbard (Seal)
John Galusha (Seal)
Barbara Bryan (Seal)
Verna Greenough (Seal)
Signed, sealed and delivered in the presence of:
Florence M. Davis
STATE OF NEW JERSEY:
COUNTY OF CAMDEN :
BE IT REMEMBERED, that on this 18th day of December, in the year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and fifty-three before me, the undersigned authority personally appeared, L. Ron Hubbard, Sr., L. Ron Hubbard, Jr., Henrietta Hubbard, John Galusha, Verna Greenough and Barbara Bryan, who I am satisfied are the persons who executed the foregoing Certificate of Incorporation and acknowledged that they signed, sealed and delivered same as their act and deed. All of which is hereby certified.
Florence, M. Davis, Notary
STATE OF NEW JERSEY
Department of State
I, the Secretary of State of the State of New Jersey, do hereby certify that the foregoing is a true copy of the Certificate of Incorporation, of "The Church of American Science," and the endorsements thereon, as the same is taken from and compared with the original filed in my office on the Twenty-second day of December, A.D. 1953, and now remaining on file and of record therein.
IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and affixed my Official Seal at Trenton, this Twenty-second day of December, A.D. 1953.
Lloyd S. Marsh
Secretary of State